Glenelg North Community Centre
- Location: East Hall
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Glenelg North Community Centre holds a Work for the Dole activity which enables the volunteers to gain new skills and become work-ready.
The projects purpose is to enable the entire music library to be digitally scanned and saved in a secure manner. All folders of music need to be sorted, verified for completeness and find the best quality sheet of all music which are separated and placed in a sealed bag with notification sheet (digital project) so that when the scanning is done the selected items are ready for scanning.
- Take a digital project sheet and record the title and library number. This sheet when completed must be placed together with the selected items for scanning
- Sort music, finding all the parts and score which are a part of that piece of music, remove duplicate copies and note any missing pieces
- Check music to ensure that everything is ready for scanning and all appropriate pieces are accounted for
- Scan the parts and score separately using provided software, ensuring that the pages are cropped and the brightness and contrast are adjusted
- Rename the scanned parts with the relevant musical instrument names and abbreviations
- Conduct quality assurance checks to ensure that all the music is accounted for and that it is readable